There has been a job opening at the Western Cape Government for the Administration Clerk position specifically related to funding. This job offer does not ask you tough requirements and everyone with at least a Grade 12 Certificate is allowed to apply. If you think you are qualified, please read the detailed information about the Administration Clerk: funding vacancy for Western Cape Government below.
Please indicate the reference number for this Administration Clerk: funding vacancy for Western Cape Government in your application letter. It is DSD 2018-54. Qualified candidate will be asked to provide administrative support regarding the processing of funding payments for social service provider partnerships. The successful incumbent will be placed at the Social Development department of the Western Cape Government in Cape Town, Western Cape. This job offers a level 5 salary (R 152 862 annually). Furthermore, you will also receive 13th cheque, housing assistance, medical assistance, pension-fund contribution, etc. You must at least hold a Senior Certificate or any other equivalent qualification with passed subjects in Accounting and/or Mathematics in order to be eligible. Furthermore, having a one year work experience is highly recommended. Qualified candidate is one that possesses attributes such as pragmatic, innovative and creative. It is a permanent job.
Here are some competencies you must have:
- Knowledge of PFMA, policy of financial awards and relevant regulations and policies applicable to the Social Welfare Environment
- Able to deal with funding conditions to social service providers partnerships
- Knowledge in modern systems of administration and governance
- Understanding and knowledge in departmental operations
- Proven computer literacy
- Good communication, both verbal and written, skills in two or three official languages of the Western Cape
Successful candidate can expect to perform the following tasks:
- Providing administrative support during the process of payment of social service partnerships
- Updating statistics and registers
- Taking care of routine enquiries
- Making photocopies and receiving or sending facsimile or e-mails
- Distributing packages or documents to different stakeholders as required
- Validating and preparing payments for processing
- Maintaining proper systems to evaluate all payment files of social service provider partnerships
- Typing letters and other correspondence
- Maintaining the incoming and outgoing document register of processed transactions
- Providing administrative support related to the monitoring of submitted financial statements
How to Apply
Good news for everyone interested in applying for this Administration Clerk: funding vacancy for Western Cape Government because the mode of application is online! As a matter of fact, the only accepted applications are those that are submitted online. You can choose between applying via LinkedIn or from the official Western Cape Government Website. Visit the following link to begin your online application and follow the link below.
The deadline is on May 28, 2018 so make sure you submit your online application no later than the due date!
If you are shortlisted, you will then be required to submit copies of your documentation to verify your identity. Interviews then will be conducted after on a date and time that are determined by the department. Note that the selection process is going to be guided by the EE targets of the Social Development Department.
Please contact Ms C Khatieb at (021) 483 3538 for further inquiries.