Don’t forget to submit your application for this Assupol Life vacancy for junior underwriter because the deadline is coming soon. You just need to prepare your grade-12 qualification and then meet the eligibility criteria below.
Assupol Life is a legal financial services provider focused on funeral, saving and retirement, and life products that aim lower the middle market. It was initiated in 1913 in order to provide a burial society specifically for police members, correctional services and government’s employees. Then, it has changed and evolved to provide public spaces, leading the tailor-made insurance products for lower to middle groups in South Africa. For your information, the company provides affordable price for funeral claims and other relevant products. It is also the pioneer of the 48-hour-claim turn-around product in the country. The company has celebrated its 101 years in 2014 ago.
Our slogan is ‘Serving those who serve’. And because we know our clients and their needs, we have tailor-made our products to meet those needs. We have grown our client base in middle and high-income groups, and today have thousands of satisfied clients in this category as well.
The Assupol Life vacancy for junior underwriter is going to place the job incumbent in Menlyn, Gauteng, South Africa. The main purpose of the job position is to underwrite life policies in order to manage risk for Assupol Group of Companies. The role function is placed in Administration department of Insurance. Here are some duties and key responsibilities that you must understand as the job incumbent as follow:
- Perform underwriting of policy applications and amendments according to policies and procedures by phoning clients and obtaining all medical information e.g. evaluate information provided (medical, occupational) and make a decision as to what terms will/can be offered to the applicant by making use of the QUIRC and AIMS systems.
- Override QUIRC decision if and when necessary.
- Provide underwriting decision to client telephonically (decline, loaded, excluded)
- Liaise with re-insurers, medical practitioners and other external parties on underwriting matters
- Comply with legislation and ASISA protocols (TCF)
- Placements of ASISA listings (serious medical conditions on central register)
- Liaise with clients (i.e. policy holders, branch and sales staff) (TCF) to obtain all medical information by means of questions generated by the QUIRC underwriting system.
- Place request for pathology nurse services to draw blood, Write and send “HIV+ letters” to doctors
- Write and send reasons for loadings and/or declined cases to doctors
- Ensure that correct correspondence, SMSs are sent to branch, intermediary, sales manager and client.
- Assist with complaints resolution and compliance (TCF)
- Monitor the timeously resolution of complaints in accordance with the complaints resolutions policy
The minimum requirements of the Assupol Life vacancy for junior underwriter that must be accomplished by the applicants are as follow:
- Formal Education Grade 12
- Technical/Legal Certification RE1 & RE 5 (advantage)
- 60 or 120 credits on NQF level 5 (Depending on the date of appointment in the industry) (advantage)
- Underwriting certificate (advantage)
- 1 Year Experience in long term insurance underwriting
- Medical background (advantage)
- 1 year administrative experience
How to Apply
Click on this link in order to open the submission page of the Assupol Life vacancy for junior underwriter. It will end on November 15th, 2017.