The Department of Safety and Liaison offers a job vacancy for those who want to be a community liaison officer. The requirements and duties aren’t as hard as you think before. Why don’t you try to send your application and see the result afterwards?
About the Department
The Department of Safety and Liaison is still young in the South Africa government. This department was founded in 2009. The main purpose why the government creates this department is to provide safe and secure environment in South Africa especially for the Eastern Cape region. Then, this condition will lead a convenient and healthy growth and development through the appropriate stakeholders. Lastly, the department is made in order to turn back the social crime, which becomes the main issue of every country in the world these days.
The next job from the Department of Safety and Liaison is a position as community liaison. The salary varies from R281 418 to R331 497 per year and categorized as Level 08 salary. The worker will work in Alfred Nzo.
Taking a job as community liaison officer is a hard decision for some people. But, the rest may really want to become the part of Department of Safety and Liaison for some reasons. They are as follow:
- It is a good opportunity if you have much experience in the field
- The salary is pretty fair
- The duties will increase your skills and knowledge especially in leaderships
- It is a very noble job for young people
To be selected as the job, you have to meet these following requirements:
- Grade 12, three (3) year Degree or National Diploma in the field of Safety – Social Science / Criminology/Development Studies or relevant qualification.
- 3 years relevant working experience in the field.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Problem solving and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system.
- Understanding of the policy environment regarding Crime Prevention.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of Constitution of RSA, SAPS Act, Public Finance Management Act, White Paper on Safety and Security, and other relevant prescripts.
- Code 8 Drivers License.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and preparedness to work overtime, when required as well work independency Excellent analytical, planning, project and organizational skills.
The duties of this job are not as much as you think before. However, it takes much responsibility for the successful candidate. They are as follow:
- Facilitate the flow of information between the District Office and to relevant communities and stakeholders.
- Represent the department at relevant for a with respect to crime prevention.
- Conduct and monitor an oversight function over relevant structures of the South African Police Service particularly on Crime Prevention.
- Support Local Authorities with respect to their role in crime prevention.
- Conduct research pertaining to policing and crime in the district.
How to Apply
Send your application to The Senior Manager: Department of Safety and Liaison; Private Bag 0057, Bhisho, 5605 or hand it directly to No 7 Taylor Street, Archies Building, King Williams Town 5601 before 15 June 2017.