Here is your chance to be a part of Independent Police Investigative Directorate! There is a Principal Investigator vacancy for Independent Police Investigative Directorate opened up until May 18, 2018. This opportunity suits candidates who are challenged to bring police service equality in South Africa.
Please indicate the reference number of the Principal Investigator vacancy for Independent Police Investigative Directorate in your application which is Q9/2018/19. This position offers a level 9 salary which is R 334.545 annually. The successful candidate will be placed in North West and asked to sign a performance agreement. Here are the minimum requirements you need to fulfill in order to be eligible to apply.
- Hold at least grade 12 certificate with at least 5 years proven experience in criminal investigations. Previous supervisory experience is essential as well for consideration to this position.
- A degree or diploma in law or policing will serve as an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding in Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure as well as Law of Evidence are essential for consideration.
- Have a valid Code 8’ driver’s license and be able to drive motor vehicle in that class
- Know how to operate computer and be able to work under pressure.
- Competency and be fit to handle a firearm or must be willing undergo such a test.
- Be willing to perform standby and overtime duties.
- Other skills and competencies include analytical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills. You must be competent in interviewing, report writing, verbal and communication skills as well.
- Have client orientation and customer focus as well as be result-driven.
Qualified candidate then will be expected to perform the following duties.
- Supervise Senior Investigators by providing guidance on the investigation of complaints in line with the IPID’s legislative imperative and Standard Operating Procedure.
- Receive, register and allocate cases.
- Attend crime scenes and post mortems.
- Collect, safeguard and process exhibits at the crime scene.
- Conduct interviews with suspects and witnesses and obtaining affidavits. This includes advising the victims or their next of kin and other relevant stakeholders regarding progress of the investigation.
- Stakeholder management and conduct investigations of cases of alleged criminality and misconduct against members of the police as stipulated in Section 28 of the IPID Act.
- Conduct searches, seizures and collection of evidence etc. as well as compile investigation reports and memoranda with recommendations to the Director of Public Prosecutions and the SAPS for consideration to prosecute or take appropriate disciplinary action.
- Draft and type investigation report at the conclusion of each investigation. Update electronically the status of each case on the database
How to Apply
Individuals who are interested in applying for Principal Investigator vacancy for Independent Police Investigative Directorate must submit the following documents:
- applications on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department accompanied by a fully completed and signed form Z83 and a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies( Not older than 3 months after publication of the advert) of all qualification(s) including a Senior Certificate and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable].
- Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. If you have a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Send your application to IPID Private Bag x 2017, Mafikeng, 2745 or Hand deliver to No. 1 Station road, Molopo Shopping center, 1st floor, Mafikeng. If you have not been contacted within three weeks after the deadline, it means your application was unsuccessful. The successful candidate will have to undergo security vetting. His / her character should be beyond reproach. The appointment is subject to security clearance, verification of qualifications (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification). People living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.