Matimba Power Station is looking for candidate to fill in the Senior Technician Production (Generation Division) position and join the team responsible for bringing power source to life. This challenging and especially rewarding career opportunity awaits qualified candidates who wish to be a part of Matimba Power Station, one of the most innovative, efficient coal fired electrical generation power plants in South Africa. Apply now as Senior Technician Production (generation division) Vacancy at Matimba Power Station as this is a rare and exciting career prospect!
Please indicate the reference number of the Senior Technician Production (generation division) Vacancy at Matimba Power Station which is 5000647739MM, in your application letter. Qualified professionals will have the chance to work at Matimba Power Station in their Production Units department located in Limpopo, South Africa. With areas of specialization ranging from providing a production planning, assurance, short term outage coordination to scheduling service, challenges and opportunities definitely abound for energetic candidates in Matimba Power Station’s dynamic and fast-paced environment. Here are the minimum requirements you need to have before sending in your application:
- You must hold at least grade 12 certificate and at least 3 technical abilities that are relevant to this field.
- You must have at least 3 years of experience prior to applying for this position.
- You must have knowledge of maintenance processes and practices. Having skills in occurrence management is a must too. A qualified candidate must be able to investigate specific errors, control impact and implement corrective actions to prevent their recurrence.
- You must have sound knowledge of PSR, FFFR, ORHVS, OHSAct as well as Environmental Law.
- Having basic knowledge of Thermal Power Plant Techniques and power plant chemistry is a must.
- You must have understanding of outage management and processes
- You must have sound knowledge or understanding of power plant systems, processes, regulations, technical specifications, procedures as well as safety requirements
- Skills such as analytical planning and execution, presentation, negotiation, effective meeting and coordination are necessities as well
- Other competencies and knowledge you should have include operating processes, MS project planning, GPSS, risk assessment, plant knowledge, risk analysis, KPI analysis, power station energy process and technical KPI’s
The Senior Technician Production (generation division) will be involved in but not limited to:
- Daily planning as well as scheduling of work on equipment and plant and also utilizing the knowledge of complex systems
- Executing daily production activities and ensuring that facilities run to their maximum efficiency and output
- Arranging for major plant outages where unit sent out is affected. This includes planning and scheduling of short term unit and equipment outages as well as forced outages
- Investigating production-related incidents, verifying data and performing any other legitimate activities as necessary
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Senior Technician Production (generation division) Vacancy at Matimba Power Station and intends to apply for the position, then go to this link https://secapps.eskom.co.za/sites/Recruitment/Pages/Senior-Technician-Production(Generation-Division)-Matimba-Power-Station.aspx and complete the online application right now or any time before May 10, 2018. Make sure you do not miss this golden opportunity. It should be noted that if you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.