Bring your best application to win a place and 1-year contract to UFS Internships for South Africans. In the end of the internships, you will gain your diploma or degree as well as monthly salary. Of course, it would be a good opportunity for you now. Check them all below.
UFS stands for the University of the Free State. This is a public campus located in Bloemfontein that is the capital of the Free State as well as the judicial capital of South Africa. It was established in 1904 based on the acceptance of Grey College to open a full B.A course.
The UFS Internships for South Africans are offered by the Housing and Residence Affairs department to fill a-year contract for the interns. The job ID is at 2143. The primary aim of the internship programme is to offer graduates (diploma/degree) with no relevant work experience the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience. Some job duties that the interns will undergo are as follow:
- Responsible to render excellent support and quality customer service at all times to students, parents, staff members and visitors to Housing and Residence Affairs.
- Provide general assistance to the Chief Officer: Placement Administration
- Assist the Chief Officer in building Mercury templates.
- Manage the accommodation in senior accommodation facilities placement
- Financial control/advice
- Responsible for financial control with respect to the payment of deposits of senior accommodation facilities.
- Responsible for the compilation, layout, print and distribution of Housing and Residence Affairs’ accommodation publications and adverts, aimed at senior postgraduate students as well as international students.
- Responsible for the introduction of senior postgraduate accommodation to prospective senior students, international students, staff, community and media by means of Open Day, “Roadshows”, presentations, and related activities.
- Provide physical residence services
- Assist with stock taking and reconciliation of stock.
- Code (Item Grouping) shelves in Maintenance and Mul-T-Lock Keys stores.
- Assist in other areas of Housing and Residence Affairs as needed.
- Handle general administration, including filing and making of photocopies.
The applicants who want to send the application of UFS Internships for South Africans must prepare the application based on these minimum requirements as follow:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Intermediate computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and the Internet.
- Customer/client focus.
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to work within a team and function under pressure.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
You can request the salary that you want to obtain by contacting this following number: 051 401 3687/9161.
How to Apply
Please hurry up because the closing date of UFS Internships for South Africans will end on 20 November 2017. Just click on this link to access the official website and choose apply button. The application consists of:
- a detailed curriculum vitae (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a copy of your identity document (ID).