This University of Pretoria vacancy for administrative officer is such good news for unemployed South Africans because the university allows grade-12 holders to submit their applications. If you one of those people, read on the entire article below,
Who doesn’t know about the University of Pretoria? Almost all South Africans may have heard about this university. This is a multi-campus public research university located in Pretoria, South Africa. For your information, it was founded in 1908 and it was the Pretoria campus of the Johannesburg-based Transvaal University College. Today, the campus becomes one of South African institutions that have received university status. The University of Pretoria has grown from 32 students to more than 39,000 based on 2010’s data. If you want to test your career in administration sector, this University of Pretoria vacancy for administrative officer suits with your dream.
This University of Pretoria vacancy for administrative officer is offered by the Faculty of Education at Department of Student Administration and Student Support Services. The primary goal of the vacancy is to pursue the ideals of excellence of the university so that its commitment in fulfilling the quality of Research University comes true. The key responsibilities must be understood by the applicants as administrative officer as follow:
- The incumbent will be responsible for the efficient and effective administering of student processes and administrative matters for undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Unit for Student Administration of the Faculty, in order to deliver an exceptional and client friendly service to students, parents, lecturers, Dean of the Faculty, the University in general and the community.
The minimum requirements of the University of Pretoria vacancy for administrative officer are the next thing that you must understand. Please remember or write down them all on a paper so that you can prepare your application perfectly based on the requirements. They are as follow:
- Grade 12 Certificate with three years’ experience in student administration of undergraduate and/or postgraduate student matters and processes at a university or tertiary institution;
- Specific experience with all processes from applications, admissions, registration, programme advisement, degree audits and graduation ceremonies;
- Computer literate in the MS Office package and a main frame system (PeopleSoft system).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise and communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation;
- Knowledge of the requirements set by USaf (HESA) for the completion of the National Senior Certificate and admission to undergraduate degree studies;
- Knowledge of the verification processes by SAQA;
- Knowledge of the policies and regulations of a university;
- Ability to function under pressure and to work independently;
- Positive attitude, driving force, motivated and interactive;
- Ability to maintain good human relations and confidentiality.
The University of Pretoria vacancy for administrative officer offers the total remuneration package for the incumbent of the job position. The range starts from R 312 750 to R 375 114 per year.
How to Apply
Please prepare your application of the vacancy by providing these documents as follow:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
Submit your application before 7 November 2017. Access this following link to apply your application.