The Department of Labour of South Africa offers several vacancies that will suit for fresh or unemployed graduates of Grade 12. For your information, this department owns significant role in dealing with unemployment, poverty, and inequality. Their main aim is to increase the economic efficiency and productivity of South Africans. They also have responsibility in providing employment so that everyone who needs a job can rely on them. The department aren’t only focusing on such goals, they concern with the inequality and discrimination on the workplace where the South Africans work every day. Those goals can be a good reason for you to work in the department. All of those vacancies will be ended on 5 June 2017. Make sure you send the application no later than that date. Let’s see the first vacancy below.
Messenger or Driver
There are three posts of being messenger or driver at these Department of Labour vacancies. The salary of this job is valued at R152862 every year. The employees will work in Pretoria. Here are several requirements that you must meet as the applicants as follow:
- Must hold Grade 12 qualification or Standard 10
- Two years’ experience especially in driving occupation is required including messenger duties
- Must hold valid driver’s license with PDP
Meanwhile, the specific requirements are as follow:
- Must have some knowledge in interpreting road signs, rules, and map book
- Must know how to do safety and vehicle inspection
- Must be good in verbal and written communication
- Know a few terms and skills in computer literacy
- Must have good listening
- And many more that you can see at the site
What you are going to do in this job is to demonstrate the messenger or driver functions so that you can deliver the stuff in several and different destinations. You also have to render administrative function efficiently. There are not always items that you need to deliver, but also official things from the department.
The next Department of Labour vacancy that you can apply now as grade 12 graduates is accounting clerk position. The department looks for three candidates who are eligible and able to work with them. The annual salary is also the same to the previous vacancy. It is R152862. This position will work at Chief Directorate such as Head Office and Financial Management. The general requirements are as follow:
- Hold grade 12 or Matric with accounting qualification
- Lucky for fresh graduate because there is no experience required
- Have the basic knowledge of accounting system, PERSAL, and computer
- The candidate must know how to use calculator, read and request BAS reports, writing, and computer literacy.
The job duties vary from claiming the payment from the Department of Public works and Department of Justice. They have to pay the building rented. You also must investigate the double payments. Then, you should repay the department legal claims. Lastly, the duty is to calculate and recover claims from UIF and CC.
Those are two vacancies that are available in the Department of Labour right now. Please remember the deadline is on 5 June 2017 and download the application form at www.gov.za/documents.