Think about this Exxaro Learnership Programme for grade-12 South Africans next year because there are so many benefits and experience that you can obtain through it. We have covered the important things you should know such as the minimum requirements, company profile, and how to submit your application. Check them all below.
You may probably know about this big coal and heavy minerals mining company. The company’s based-operations have been spreading out over many countries since couple years ago; and it proves that it is a large company in South Africa. For your information, the offices can be found throughout the world such as Africa, Asia, Europe, and Australia. You can also see Exxaro listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. By December 2011, the company claimed assets R37 billion as well its market capitalization of R60 billion. Although the company has been operating for like ten years, it has built the skills over decades by relying on its innovation, integrity and ethics at the same time.
The Exxaro Learnership Programme for grade-12 South Africans creates much opportunity for those who really need a qualification. It is also beneficial if you look for the best workplace experience in a large company like Exxaro. This learnership is designed for those who are interesting in Engineering areas. According to the official site, here are the structured unit standards that the learners can obtain through the programme as follow:
- Electricians x3
- Fitting (including Machining) x3
- Plater / Welder x3
- Diesel Mechanic x3
The minimum requirements of the Exxaro Learnership Programme for grade-12 South Africans that you must complete as the applicants are as follow:
- Grade 12 / Standard 10 with an E symbol or 40% and higher pass in English and Mathematics
- NCV 4 with all subjects on E symbol or 40% or higher
- Applicants who passed Grade 12 / Standard 10 at a Technical High School with Subject Trade Theory, English, Mathematics Science and Technical Drawing – all subjects must be an E (40%) symbol or higher (equal to N2 requirements) – may also submit their application for consideration.
- Mechanical Trades: Minimum N2 qualification with all four subjects. The relevant Trade Theory is compulsory for Mechanical Trades. Plater / Welders must have Structural Drawings as a subject.
- Electrical Trade: Minimum N3 qualification Of NCV 4 with all subjects on E symbol 40% ci- higher.
- Personal performance in accordance with training programme
- Committing to the Company Rules and Regulations
The company also requires the applicants to fulfill these specific requirements as follow:
- Selection Process
- Competency evaluation
- Must be m possession of a Medical Certificates of Fitness
- Reside in the 50km radius at Matla Coal (Proof of Residence required)
- A valid driver’s licence will serve as an advantage
How to Apply
After all requirements, it is time to submit your application to the Exxaro Learnership Programme for grade-12 South Africans. You must set an application in the form of CV to Matla training Centre: Fax: 0866212713 or Email: [email protected] by 13 October 2017. If you submit after the that date, your application won’t be considered.