The directorate of Human Resource Management of the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform is seeking a qualified candidate to work as their Human Resource Officer. Everyone is encouraged to apply as long as they meet the requirements and submits the application no later than the due date. Find out the details for this Human Resource Officer vacancy at the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform below.
Please don’t forget to indicate the reference number for this Human Resource Officer vacancy at the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform in your application letter. It is 3/2/1/2018/159. The successful incumbent will be stationed in Pretoria and will be receiving a level 5 salary which is R152 862 per annum. Pretty much everyone is welcomed to submit their application as long as they hold a Grade 12 or Senior Certificate as the minimum requirement for eligibility. That means, if you happen to haven’t gotten the chance to get your B-degree or National Diploma, it won’t be an issue.
Aside from having a Senior Certificate, here are some human resource related knowledge you need to have in order to be considered for the position:
- Practices and the ability to operate computer and capture data
- Clerical duties
- Understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service
- Understanding the work in human resource benefits
- Understanding the importance of filing the documents and documents management
The aforementioned list of certain knowledge must be accompanied with the following skills:
- Computer literacy
- Organization and planning
- Good written and verbal communication
- Able to work under pressure
- Interpersonal relations
- Able to work in a busy environment
- Able to meet deadlines
The successful candidate can expect to be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Assisting with leave investigation regarding abuse or medical boarding and temporary incapacity if needed
- Ensuring effective management of human resources leave, PILIR and long service recognition at all times
- Implementing human resources leave records as well as long service recognition
- Assisting with the monitoring of leave in the department
- Providing technical advice on human capital leave, PILIR and long service recognition at all times
- Printing leave credits for PERSAL employee
- Addressing long service recognition enquiries and human resources leave
- Implementing and addressing human capital service pension/termination
- Ensuring effective management of human capital service termination to every qualifying employee
- Providing technical advice on service termination issues to staff members if necessary
- Capturing of service termination applications and bulk leave forms
How to Apply
Note that coloured, African and Indian females and White and Indian males as well as persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this this Human Resource Officer vacancy at the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform.
DRDLR now has an e-recruitment system in which candidates can apply online for a post. The technical support is only available from Graylink, from Monday to Friday at 8:30 to 17:00 @ 021 424 8677.
You can either submit the application online by clicking on this link or you can submit it manually by post Private Bag X833, Pretoria, 0001. Application can also be hand-delivered to 184 Jeff Masemola Street (was called Jacob Mare), corner of Paul Kruger and Jeff Masemola streets, Pretoria.
The deadline is on May 25, 2018 at 16.00 and late applications will not be accepted.
All candidates must be SA Permanent Residents/Citizens or Non-SA citizens that have a valid work permit.