Independent Police Investigative Directorate or mostly known as IPID is hiring qualified candidate to fill the Investigator X2 Posts position. If you are an individual who wants to be a part of an independent and impartial investigating and oversight body that is committed to bring justice as well as acting in the public interest then by all means, apply for this investigator X2 posts vacancy for Independent Police Investigative Directorate now. Anyone who is able to maintain the highest standards of integrity and excellence are welcome to apply.
Please indicate the reference number of this investigator X2 posts vacancy for Independent Police Investigative Directorate in your application which is Q9/2018/18. This position offers a level 7 salary which is about R 266.611 annually. Qualified candidate will be placed in Northern Cape and will also be required to sign a performance agreement. Everyone who has always wished to work at IPID should give this a chance for it requires quite minimum requirements as follow:
- You must hold at least grade 12 certificate, NQF level 4 or a relevant diploma/degree in Law or Policing
- You must have knowledge of Criminal Law, Criminal procedure as well as Law of Evidence. Those are essential for consideration.
- You must possess a valid Code 08 driver’s license as well as the ability to drive a motor vehicle in that class.
- You must have computer literacy and the ability to work under pressure
- You must be competent in interviewing, report writing as well as verbal and written communication. Furthermore, competency in handling a firearm or willing to undergo such a test is necessary as well.
- You must be willing to be on standby and perform overtime duties
- You must have skills in analytical thinking, problem-solving and decision making. Moreover, client orientation and customer focus as well as results-driven are characteristics that you must have too.
Qualified candidate will later be expected to perform the following duties:
- Receive, register and allocate cases
- Attend crime scenes and postmortems
- Collect, safeguard and process exhibits at the crime scene
- Conduct interviews with suspects and witnesses and obtaining affidavits
- Advise the next of kin of victims and other relevant stakeholders regarding progress of investigations
- Manage stakeholders, Conduct investigations of cases of alleged criminality and misconduct against members of the police, as stipulated in Section 28 of the IPID Act
- Conduct searches, seizures and collection of evidence, etcetera
- Compile investigation reports and memoranda with recommendations to the SAPS and referrals to the National Prosecutions Authority (NPA) for consideration to prosecute or take appropriate disciplinary action, Draft and type investigation reports at the conclusion of each investigations. Electrically update the status of each case on the database.
How to Apply
This investigator X2 posts vacancy for Independent Police Investigative Directorate will be closed on May 18, 2018 so make sure you send in your application before the due date.
Here is what you need to know:
- Applications submitted must be on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department accompanied by a fully completed and signed form Z83
- A recent curriculum vitae and certified copies (not older than 3 months after this advert publication) of all qualifications including a Senior certificate and ID-document [driver’s license where applicable]
- Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Send in your application to IPID Private Bag x 25, Johannesburg, 2000 or Hand deliver to 20 Albert Street, 8th floor Braamfischer towers, Marshall Town, Johannesburg.
For further inquiries please contact:
Ms K Mothusi Tel No: 011 220 1500 (G)
Mr T Mathe Tel No: 053 807 5100 (NC)
If you have not been contacted within three weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. The successful candidate will have to undergo security vetting. His / her character should be beyond reproach. People living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.