The MATUS Learnership Programme for grade 12 invites you who are still unemployed and willing to increase your current qualification. It is time to change your career and life at the same time. The company will provide everything you need if you are eligible to the programme.
MATUS was established in 1942 or over seventy five years ago. The founders were the brothers Lukie and Same Matus who wanted to open a business focused in tool and hardware sector. Long short story, the company would be the number one trusted tool and hardware partner in the industry. The company doesn’t only build the business, but it also builds the trust, customers, suppliers and its own people or employees over 75 years. In 90s, the company launched the trusted MTS brand, and has become the first private label tool brands in South Africa. Last year, the company proudly presented as one of Bidvest family.
We are back to the MATUS Learnership Programme for grade 12 now. The students or learners of this learnership will get the training at the head office of MATUS that you can find in Booysens. The programme will start the learning process on 1 November 2017, and it is based on the REF NO: Matus SM/2017. The primary objective of the learnership is to enable the learner who wants to increase their qualification to be a national qualification accredited and registered on the National Qualifications Framework. Moreover, the learner also gets a big experience to know and learn at the real workplace situation and condition in the Sales and Marketing industry.
The company asks the applicants who want to join this MATUS Learnership Programme for grade 12 some minimum requirements. They are as follow:
- Be entrepreneurial. Possess a sense of urgency to deliver results
- Innovative and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail and levels of accuracy
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity and works in an orderly manner
- Time management and planning skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and complete tasks in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others to achieve a goal
- Ability to move forward quickly from setbacks. Remains focused on what needs to be achieved
- Adapts to changing circumstances
- Ability to effectively hear feedback and to learn from it
- Speaks fluently and writes in a well-structured and logical manner
- Must have a passion for selling to customers and marketing
It also sets the minimum education requirements for you as the applicants, namely:
- Grade 12 is essential. Certified copy to be attached to application.
- Minimum Level 4 – 50%
- Minimum Level 4 – 50%
- Maths Literacy. Minimum Level 5 – 60%
- 2nd language (e.g. Afrikaans or a Home language). Minimum Level 4 – 50%
- Completed Sales and Marketing courses is advantage.
- Not be engaged in post Matric studies or formal employment
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years
- Have effective communication skills in the written & verbal English
- Possess basic computer skills mainly MS Excel & MS Outlook
- Valid driver’s license – at least a Code B (manual transmission) (license cards not expired)
- Have no criminal record or illicit activity recorded
- Only South African citizen by birth residing in the Gauteng province will be considered.
The company welcomes people with various disabilities to apply.
How to Apply
Please send your application form of MATUS Learnership Programme for grade 12 that you can download here via email to Ofhani Khormobi via email at [email protected] before the deadline on 6 October 2017.