IPID is looking for an ambitious and challenged individual who wish to be a part of its amazing and hard-working staff to fill the position of Secretary to the Director (Information Communication Technology). This opportunity is so rare and it will just be downright wrong if you do not seize this moment. Read on to find out how to apply for this Secretary to the Director vacancy for Independent Police Investigative Directorate.
Please include the reference number for Secretary to the Director vacancy for Independent Police Investigative Directorate in your application which is Q9/2018/16. This position offers you a level 5 salary which is about R152.862 annually. The qualified candidate will be placed in National Office Pretoria and will be asked to sign performance agreement. This job only require minimum requirements which you can find out below.
- You must hold at least grade 12 certificate with typing as a subject or any other training course/ qualification that will enable you to perform the work satisfactorily.
- You must have ability to communicate well with people at different levels and from different backgrounds.
- You must possess good telephone etiquette, computer literacy.
- You must have sound organizational skills and good office management skills. The latter includes document tracking, storage and retrieval system.
- You must have sound minute taking as well as general office experience because they are essential.
- You must be able to work under pressure, independently and ability to act with tact and discretion.
- You must have honesty and integrity.
- The successful candidate must be reliable, flexible, creative, be able to maintain confidentiality, client focused and quality oriented.
Qualified candidate can expect to perform duties explained below. Although there may be some that are not mentioned because it will depend on the work environment itself.
- Provide general secretarial, administrative and support services to the Director such as: receive and make telephone calls
- Manage the Director’s Diary
- Make travel and accommodations arrangements
- Provides clerical support services to the Director
- Arranges meetings and events
- Process the travel and subsistence claims for the unit
- Type letters/memorandums/submissions/reports, Send and receive emails and faxes
- Extract and process data and dissemination of management information in the context of office automation file, retrieve, track documents for the office of the Director
- Draft routine correspondences
- Remain up to date with regard to prescripts/policies and procedures applicable to your work terrain to ensure efficient and effective support to the Director
- Collect all relevant documents to enable the manager to prepare for meetings
- Handle the procurement of standard items like stationery
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for Secretary to the Director vacancy for Independent Police Investigative Directorate, please submit your application no later than May 18, 2018. Note that, only people living with disability will be considered. Here are what you need to include in your applications:
- Submit your applications on form Z83, you can get it from any Public Service Department and attach a fully completed and signed form Z83
- A recently updated CV and certified copies ( Not older than 3 months after publication of the advert) of all qualification(s) including a Senior Certificate and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]
- Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. If you have a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA)
If you have not been contacted within three week after the due date, consider your application to be unsuccessful. Qualified candidate will have to undergo security vetting. The appointment is subject to security clearance, verification of qualifications (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
Send in your application to Independent Police Investigative Directorate, Private Bag X 941, Pretoria, 0001 or, hand deliver to City Forum Building, 114 Madiba street, Pretoria Central. FOR ATTENTION : Ms DR Kumalo.