Please bring your application for the South Africa Weather Service Learnership for grade 12 because the company has already been bidding this opportunity for you who want to upgrade or enhance your current qualification to a higher level.
The South African Weather Service or SAWS is a public entity in a Section 3(a) classification, which is placed right under the Ministry of Environmental Affairs. For your information, the organization has a Board that governs and manages it under the South African Weather Service Act (No. 8 of 2001). It was established in 2001, and has been changed in 2013 ago. The main function of SAWS is an in-charge voice that concerns in weather and climate forecasting in South Africa. This organization is also a member of the World Meteorological Authority so that it operates under international meteorological standards. In other words, SAWS is an authoritative organization of South Africa to provide all weather services to flight industry, marine, and other various range of clients. SWAS also completes the international mandatories of the South Africa government globally. There are two kinds of services, commercial and public good services.
The successful candidates of the South Africa Weather Service Learnership for grade 12 will undergo the training that includes all knowledge and skills in weather observation. They will receive the National Certificate in Weather Observation as classified on SAQA QUAL ID no 58995. The training will also offer a chance for them to work at regional offices with shift work and a valid driver’s license. That is why the students of the learnership is recommended to gain a driver license during their study. In addition, they also prefer to choose the candidates who have computer literacy skills and good interpersonal relations. The details about the eligibility criteria can be found below as follow:
- Candidates with a Grade 12 (Matric) certificate with 50% (D symbol) or higher for Mathematics (not mathematics literacy),
- 50% or higher for Physical Science and
- 50% or higher in English
- Willing to undergo ten (10) months observation training at the SA Weather Service Regional Training Centre in Pretoria, commencing February 2018.
How to Apply
The South Africa Weather Service Learnership for grade 12 don’t close the opportunity at certain candidates only. They do agree and accept the equality of the candidates. If the candidates are females and own disability, they have to provide preference that you can ask to Ms. C Rae at Tel (012) 367-6019 or by email to [email protected]. Make sure your applications must consist of certificates as follow:
- Applications must be submitted on the prescribed SA Weather Service
- bursary application form, obtainable from the SA Weather Service website: weathersa.co.za or contact Ms. Gugu Maphisa (012 367 6085), [email protected]
- certified copies of matriculation certificates and a testimonial.
- Please also state the relevant Ref. no for the respective region you are applying for. Successful candidates will be required to enter into a learnership contract with the South African Weather Service.
Once you have prepared them all, send the application to The CEO, the South African Weather Service, Private Bag X097, Pretoria 0001, for theattention of Ms. Gugu Maphisa before 20 October 2017. The guidelines of South Africa Weather Service Learnership for grade 12 can be found here.